Botox or Detox?

That is the question. 

After years of denial, I am now also a heavily armed warrior, fighting the anti-ageing war. Just because your spirit stays young, doesn't mean that your body kept up. 

What I do know, is that the face in the mirror doesn't exactly resemble how I remember myself. Your body changes, but you don't change, and that, of course, causes great confusion.

Sooner or later we all realize that yes, we got old, and I can tell you, wrinkled was not one of the things I wanted to be when I grew up! 

My close-to-70-year-old-parents look fantastic. They are healthy and still travelling the world, experiencing new adventures. The other day I jokingly asked my dad if he realizes that he is now officially OLD. Without hesitation - yet very surprised and annoyed - he answered: "Absolutely not!" Even at his age, he still feels young at heart and never realised that his body didn't keep up with his mind. He still spends a full day on the ski-slopes though, but he does it less often. 

On my mom's side, she is very lucky to have exceptionally good genes when it comes to looks. Neither my gran nor my mom has ever looked their age. For my parents, old age is always 10 years older than they are. While I am daily fighting the war against ageing, they are not even aware that there is a war going on, and yet they survive!  I am hoping to get the best from both sides of their gene pools. 

My best friend decided to tackle this war with a needle. She started doing botox, and swears by it. She does look fantastic, but I am a little scared of it. In fact, everybody who knows me will ask if I am more scared of the needle, or the side effects of botox? I cannot answer that.... 

What I do know, is that I always prefer to go the natural route. I have since started to detox a few times a year and I can really vouch for it! After a good detox, your skin is glowing, you feel healthier, have more energy, sleep better, and overall the spring in your step is back. You have a sparkle in your eyes, which no botox injection can give you. 

Of course there are also many other options available, which you can combine with whichever strategy you choose. The war is on, so choose your weapons carefully!

After considering all my war strategies and options, I am ready to fight old age head on, but with a glass of green juice in my one hand, and a dumbbell in the other.... for now anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment