Remind me...

We all go through trials and tribulations, joy and exaltations, and all of these impostors are easily forgotten. 

I find it incredible (in a good and a bad way) how easy one can forget the bad things that happened and how quickly we fall back into our comfort zone, forgetting the lessons we learnt and paid for so dearly. 

Even though we obviously enjoy  the good times better, it is often during the difficult times that we really mould our character and grow as a person. 

Our lives are woven with such a fragile thread, that anything - or everything - can change in an instant. Not a day goes by that I don't appreciate what I have, and see God's hand and grace in my life. But sometimes we do forget, and then on days like today when I am reminded of this, I just stand still for a moment and reflect and appreciate everything anew. While contemplating this thought, a song from my childhood popped into my mind, and I wish to share it with you:

The things that I love I hold dear to my heart
They are borrowed and not mine at all
Jesus only let me use them, to brighten my life
So remind me, remind me dear Lord

Nothing good have I done to deserve God's own Son
I'm not worthy of the scars in His hands
Yet he chose the road to Calvary to die in my stead
Why He loved me I can't understand

So roll back the curtains of memory now and then
Show me where you brought me from and
Where I could have been

Just remember I'm human and humans forget
So remind me, remind me dear Lord

No comments:

Post a Comment